Overbrook School tailors its admissions process to several different entry levels because getting to know a preschool applicant is a different task than getting to know a junior high student. Therefore, we have different processes for each level of admissions.
Overbrook’s preschool is our main entry level for admission to Overbrook School. Our preschool has been educating children for more than 30 years. Overbrook's Montessori style classrooms have experienced teachers who tailor to each child’s entry level and advancement speed. Preschool and kindergarten applicants visit and test beginning in November of each year.
Read more about grades 1-5.
Read more about junior high grades 6-8.
All applications and teacher recommendations are submitted through Blackbaud our online admissions and enrollment system.
Step one: Submit the online application
Step two: Upload and submit requested documents and request online teacher recommendations through your Blackbaud portal
Step three: Take an entrance exam (for entry into grades 1-8) or come for a scheduled screening (P3-Kindergarten)
- Applicants for P3-K will be come for a screening on specified dates.
- Applicants for grades 1-4 will be assessed at Overbrook School on their shadow day.
- Applicants for grades 5-8 must register online for the ISEE exam and take it by February 23rd for consideration for regular admission notification.
Step four: Grades 1-8 only-Request official transcripts with our Transcript Request Form from your child's current school and return to:
Overbrook School 4210 Harding Pike, Nashville, TN 37205
Step five: Grades 1-8 only-Come for a shadow day. Spend the day in our classrooms and take assessments as needed.
Acceptance is based on the following criteria
- The student’s ability to succeed in our program
- Previous school performance
- Standardized test results (grade appropriate)
- Assessments administered at Overbrook
- Teacher recommendations
- Overbrook teacher observations from screenings and shadow days
The examination of these factors helps to establish a good fit for both the student and Overbrook. In keeping with our school philosophy and mission, every effort is made to maintain a diverse student body and to provide new families opportunities for admission.